PANEL- Plant Breeders’ Rights and Intellectual Property Rights of Plant - Implementation in Turkey and in the World (mainly in European Union
PANEL- Plant Breeders’ Rights and Intellectual Property Rights of Plant - Implementation in Turkey and in the World (mainly in European Union)
Plant Breeders' Rights Panel was held in Antalya on April 11, 2015. The panel was organized by Plant Breeders Union of Turkey, Turkish Seed Union and Ankara Bar Association.
At the beginning , Chairman of Plant Breeders Union of Turkey,Associate Professor Dr. Yalçın Kaya, Chairman of Turkish Seed Union (TÜRKTOB), Yıldıray Gencer, Head of Intellectual Property Rights Section of the Ankara, Bar Association, of Lawyer Abdullah Egeli , Head of Seed Affairs of the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock, Mehmet Sigirci were made speeches. Speakers stressed the importance of the panel for both seed sector and in the judiciary in Turkey, in general
Panel was performed in two sessions. the morning and two afternoon panels. About 200 people participated in the panel. There was a great interest in the panel of about 200 people participated. .
After the opening speeches, Assoc.Prof S.Ahmet Bagci,.Selcuk University moderated the first session of the pannel. Following his plenary talk, keynote speakers presented their visual presentatios, The names of the panelists and the subjects of their presentations are shown in the program at the end of report.
After the session of questions , the panelists gave comprehensive answers to all questions of participants in the answer section. In general, the participants were happy with the presentations and they mentioned that the panel was very fruitfull. Participants indicated that it is important to bring the holders of PBR together with the decision makers in judiciary to achive the same purpose . They also mentioned that the presentation of UPOV representative were useful for learning the information on this issue at the international level.
PANNEL : Plant Breeders’ Rights and Intellectual Property Rights of Plant - Implementation in Turkey and in the World (mainly in European Union)
Date: 11 April 2015 - Antalya/ TURKEY
09:00 – 09:30 REGISTRATION
09:30 - 10:00 OPENING SPEECHES
10:00 – 13:00 FIRST SESSION
Plenary Talk – Assoc.Prof.S.Ahmet Bagci –Selcuk University ( Moderator )
* Plant breeders' rights legislation in Turkey and statistical information in inplementation – Hasan Celen - Subject Specialist ( General Directorate of Plant Production )
* Law on the Protection of Breeder’s Rights for New Plant Varieties (basic principles, compulsory licenses and acts, common disruptions in implementation,etc.) - Kamil Yilmaz – Former UPOV representative of Turkey ( BISAB )
* Mission of UPOV, Technical and legal principles in relation with plant breeders’ rights, implementation in Europe – Jun Kuido . ( UPOV )
* Assessment of the scope of intellectual property rights and patent implementations of biotechnological products in Turkey and in the world - Dr. Aysegul Demircioğlu- Section Director ( Turkish Patent Institute)
13:00 – 14:00 LUNCH
14:00 – 19:00 SECOND SESSION
* Rights violations and practices related with PBRs in the judiciary in Turkey- Moderator talk –Ramazan Ozkepir(Head of the Supreme Court no.19)
* General overwiev of the System of PBR’s - Ayse Saadet Arikan - Legal adviser( Turkish Seed Industrialists and Producers- TSUAB)
* The meaning of new plant varieties as law issue – Prof.Dr.Ayse Boztosun (Faculty of Law-Akdeniz University)
* Applications of criminal cases related to plant breeders' rights in Turkey - Dr. İhsan Ozturk (Specialized Courts on Intellectual Property Rights )
* Applications of litigation cases related to plant breeders' rights in Turkey – Turkay Alıcı (Specialized Courts on Intellectual Property Rights )
* Farmers’ inceptions in the law of PBR - Assoc.Prof.Zehra Ozkan ( Faculty of Law-Ankara University )
GENERAL ASSESSMENT AND CLOSING